Tuesday, July 25, 2006

New Running Shoes

The fit is perfect from the very first day I put them on. They do get a little more comfortable the longer I wear them, but not so much because they didn't fit before as much as they just learn the subtleties of my feet with time. I find it also helps to wear them in the rain once or twice. New shoes make me feel fast, really fast. Faster than I really am. There's a new spring in my step, releasing gravity's hold ever so slightly. They are my constant companion, sharing the moments with me as the trees pass by.

7 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are these mizuno's or other shoes?

 
At 7/25/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger jared said...

I only run in Mizuno's.

 
At 7/25/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jared, I'm really glad you decided to go with this post--it's very well written.

I'm definitely looking forward to my new running shoes and having them get more comfortable with time....and I will definitely make sure to take them out in the rain a few times.

 
At 7/28/2006 4:01 PM, Blogger paul said...

Damm! that is my problem. I need new shoes! I just thought I was 80 lbs overweight! It's the shoes.

 
At 7/28/2006 4:04 PM, Blogger jared said...

It's all in the shoes.

 
At 7/28/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Paul: trust me--with the right pair of shoes, running feels like an entirely new sport.

 
At 7/31/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger paul said...

new running shoes.... wow... how "nice."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home