Candy is a treat. Don't abuse it!
I just finished eating a pair of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and inside the wrapper I noticed the following text.
Candy is a treat. Please consume in moderation.
Apparently my mom now works at Hershey's and has infiltrated the inside of my Reese's wrapper. Okay, so MY mom never really made me consume candy in moderation, but you get the idea. Why is it we need to be warned not to eat too much candy, use blow dryers in the shower or stick our fingers under running lawn mowers? I feel like as a member of American society I'm expected to do stupid things that will likely cause injury or death if only given the chance. I've never heard of anyone attempting suicide by eating too much candy (although it wouldn't be a bad way to go). Give me break!
Hmm, maybe it's time for a Kit Kat.

7 Comments:
Wait....Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are BAD for me???? When did this happen???
i don't have time to eat candy. i'm too busy shredding documents while wearing a low-hanging tie dangling perilously close to the metal teeth of death.
mdog: you really ought to include a warning with your comments. I was laughing so hard I could have DIED.
omg
I'm so glad it's still apparently okay to consume the king sized packages of Reese's Cups in excess....
I am sure there is a lawyer in the US somewhere who could make a case out of why Hershey's owes some extremely obese American lots of money because they ate Reese's Cups in "moderation" and it made them obese.
Of course according to the messed up ways they measure obesity, some daunting percentage of Americans are obese anyways. Yes, base it all on a college soccer team because that makes a lot of sense. Oh hell just pass me the Reese's and find me a lawyer.
My favorite stupid warning is the one I once saw on a hair dryer:
"Do not use while sleeping."
Man, if you could sleep through that...
Post a Comment
<< Home