Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Sweet Nectar of Freedom

I often feel trapped in my office cubical - a place lacking in freedom and creativity - which is a big problem when you work as a web DESIGNER. I'm also a photographer, although mostly as a hobby these days, so these two Dilbert strips really hit home...

January 12

January 13

I want to be free! (Whatever that is.) And for the record, I started decorating my cube last week as one of my new year's resolutions. Now if I can just get in shape and make more money!

4 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cubicals are teh suck.

 
At 1/23/2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Jared. It's ironic that the jobs where you can make really steady money, and not be tied to the unstable freelancing life, are so institutional and dry. How are you decorating your office? (r)

 
At 1/26/2006 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The future may well bring back old pursuits. I've found that diversions like job issues, tragedies, and loss, to be amazing fuel for my art.

 
At 1/29/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger jared said...

My office is now a bit less bland with the introduction of these photos on the wall. Okay, so that's hardly "decorating," but it is a big improvement over staring at drywall. The four on the right are pictures an 8-year-old boy in New Orleans shot with my camera. He's pictured with me in the shot on the left. Hanging out with him and his friends is one of my best memories of my trip to New Orleans in November.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home