Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Don't use that one.

I'm finally getting my head back together after the 48 Hour Film Project. It was an amazing weekend working with some of the best people I've ever worked with. Sarah said it best when she said, “This is much more fun than real life.” Really, I just want to get started on the next one and forget about this whole working for a living thing. I'm also thinking that working for shorter periods with an intense focus on the project is actually pretty efficient. I think of all those work projects that drag on for months just because people put off making decisions or adding the finishing touches. Maybe they don't need to be done in 48 hours, but less than 48 weeks might be nice.

Tonight is the premiere of all the short films from this weekend, so I'm headed back up to Cleveland with some of the cast and crew. I'm not looking forward to another 8 hours in the car, but I am looking forward to spending more time with these amazing people I shared last weekend with.

The title to this post, btw, is the line of dialogue we were required to write into the film.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8/22/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger paul said...

yea, you used to work with a smaller team creating stuff like this. I remember this energy... and I haven't seen it for a while.

 
At 8/22/2007 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In college, I wrote most of my papers in one night. And they were quite well done. I'm not sure I have the ability to do that anymore, which is probably just as well. Those were very stressful nights.

I've seen the film--you all did a really great job. I'm also impressed with how well everyone seemed to work together. I hope you come back from Cleveland as an "award winning" team.

 
At 8/22/2007 5:40 PM, Blogger paul said...

how can I see the film?

 
At 8/23/2007 2:00 AM, Blogger jared said...

paul: yeah, I'm felling some inspiration these days. I was even at Creative Team on Tuesday and I'm shooting a few videos for Central with Beth on Saturday. If I can keep up this schedule of not sleeping for 48 hours at a time I bet I can get a lot done. :-)

jennifer: Thanks. It really is amazing to put together a film in such a short time. It's having the right people that really makes that happen. We did win "best use of prop" for our notebook with an attitude. Thanks to Sarah and Jeff for the attitude and Eric for bringing our little notebook to life.

paul: You just missed the premiere in Cleveland. It will be coming to a location near you in the near future. Or you can give me $8 (that's the admission price in Cleveland) and I'll bring it over on my laptop. ;-)

 
At 8/23/2007 9:45 AM, Blogger paul said...

I will give you the $8. I have been dropping hint for you to come over for the past couple of weeks.

I want to see it.

 
At 8/23/2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been dropping hints for us to come see you too, Paul. :o) Okay, not hints so much as flat out asking.

Jared: $8?? That's more than a dollar per minute!

 
At 8/29/2007 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,
Thanks for the prop props!
Best on your upcoming Big Event...
Jeff T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home